Monday, February 11, 2008

Video Killed The Radio Star

"I heard you on the wireless back in Fifty Two
Lying awake intent at tuning in on you.
If I was young it didn't stop you coming through."

This is what happens when you go crazy. You start thinking about random new-age songs that get stuck in your head worse than the plague. Ok, my aim is to rip through the rest of the bands in my friends request area. So let's see if I can do it. I keep getting more though...


--> Untitled PS Project is a down tempo two piece out of LA. I'm thinking these boys are just starting out as they don't have a label or any large selection of songs to listen to. Nor do they have a band website, but I enjoyed the raw acoustic feeling of their stuff. Definitely full of emotion and passion, which is how music should be.

Links:

--> Atoms Inception appears to be a one man band out of Columbus, Ohio. This is definitely something to put your ears to. If I had to describe them I would say they have a sort of down tempo Stabbing Westward/Deftones feel. The vocal part is pure and smooth with killer guitar compliment with a bit of digital indie feel to it. Kyle Preston (of Atoms Inception) says his project is "dedicated to the art and beauty of music."



-->greedyfeeder is a four piece out of Toronto, Ontario Canada. I don't think I can describe these guys. A breath of fresh air amidst the typical alternative sound. Unique and creative, definitely. If you're bored of everything you've been listening to on your iPod then check out these guys. I definitely enjoy them.



--> Belle Porte is a seven member band hailing from Harbor City, California. These boys may look pretty young but they definitely have talent. A solid heavy rock sound with some pretty thrashing vocals. I think groups like these guys give somewhat stagnent Christian Rock scene a new flavor. Give 'em a listen why dontcha?

Links:

--> Faster Than Fate is a five piece hard rock band from Bensalem, Pennsylvania. Solid rock sound with strong guitar riffs and a good rhythm, this band puts out some killer tunes to jam out to. I might be so bold as to say these guys have a young Story of the Year sound to them. I can see some great things coming from these guys. Ears... GO!

Links:
http://www.myspace.com/fasterthanfate


--> Solo-67 is a group of three boys from Denison, Texas who have very recently finished recording their debut album Everybody Has To Know which drops Feb. 19th. These guys are a pop punk band, so if that's not your flavor read no further. Generally you won't find me rocking any pop-punk bands anymore but every once and a while they are just what you need to get through the day. And I like these guys. So... since this is my blog I get to do what I like. For once. Oh yeah baby! Anyway, check these boys out.


Ok. Made it through the friends requests. I was actually worried that by the time I finished I would have two or three more waiting. Not that something like that would be bad, just that its hard to keep up with the flow! Anyway, don't let Monday get you down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed "Wish you Were Here" by Untitled PS, not so much into "Calling". But "Wish You Were Here" definitely had that raw emotion that belongs in music.

Atoms Inception= AWESOME!! Their sound definitely reminds me of Muse, really killer.

greedyfeedr was pretty interesting. They've got a sound I haven't heard, his voice does remind me of Brandon Boyd quite a lot.

My favorite was definitely Atoms Inception. Loved him, and it's also pretty cool that it's a one man project. I think that's what impresses me the most.

By the way, for a good raw emotional song I want to to check out Damien Rice "Rootless Tree". I was blasting it in my car earlier. Made me a little emotional.

xx:jgeorge