Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nic fixing and Youtube

Neither of which have any direct connection to music. Both however, are on my mind. Today I wanted to do something a little different than my usual random bit + music... I watched Across The Universe last night. If you haven't seen it yet do yourself a favor and drop whatever you're doing right now, hop in your car/on your skateboard/mule/whatever and pick it up. Yes, this seems like a digression but it leads me back to my point. Today I feel like sharing some Beatles covers (beacuse the movie put me in the beatles mood). We will start with my favorite beatles song performed my my favorite band (Thrice performing Eleanor Rigby):



Here's another pretty good cover. This is Oasis performing Strawberry Fields Forever:


Just stumbled across a pretty wicked cover of Come Together performed by Soundgarden:


Here's another cover... The Fray performing Fixing A Hole as part of a BBC Radio 2 documentary about the 40th anniversary of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album:


Also part of that BBC Radio documentary was Bryan Adams performing Sgt. Pepper's:


I've never heard of this guy but he did one hell of a cover of Blackbird. His name is Bjorn Nilsson:


And how 'bout Stone Temple Pilots performing Revolution:


And to wrap it up... Dustin Kensrue, my music hero, performs Oh Darling. Sorry for the crappy video, couldn't find a better one:



Alrighty, time to make like a banana. Oh, if you have any covers of Beatles tracks you wanna share don't hesitate to post them in comments!!! Thanks. Horray for humpday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmhmm, I love this post. Easily my favorite one so far. The Thrice cover of Eleanor Rigby was great, and I love love love LOVE the Sound Garden cover of Revolution. Also, the Fray cover was awesome.

My favorite part of these covered were that the band made them their own song.

Two of my favorites that weren't on your awesome list ;)
- "Imagine" A Perfect Circle: Everyone knows this cover, but Perfect Circle did a WONDERFUL job, it effects you in a totally different way than Lennon's.
-"Blackbird" Sarah Mclachlan: Gorgeous voice and she does it beautiful!

Love the blog dear.

xx: george