Sunday, February 10, 2008

Slackin'

Sorry for posting sooner. Just been uber busy with everything. I went out on Friday (aka Vinyl Friday) and picked up a few albums I think the whole world should have. George Thorough & The Destroyers - Mavrick, Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gold & Platnum, The Who - Tommy, and Bruce Springsteen - The River. Pretty good mix of stuff. I found a wicked used vinyl store that, I imagine, will be getting more and more of my paychecks. Ok, to the new tunes. I've been getting alot of band requests on myspace lately so we'll go through the ones I liked first.

--> The Young Sea is a five man group from Chicago. They have a sort of ambient rock feel to them. Influences include Sigur Ros, Coldplay, Doves, Thrice, Mew, and The Police. I really enjoy these guys.


Links:
http://www.myspace.com/theyoungsea
http://www.theyoungsea.com/


--> Toy Box is a pretty rockin three piece (right now anyway) from Toronto, Ontario Canada. To me they feel like Papa Roach on crack but with their own sound. Pretty killer tunes.


Links:



--> Awaken is another three piece from LA, California. These boys pump out some pretty loud rock/metal. Definitely worth a listen.



Links:


--> Stars Below comes from Huntsville, Alabama. This isn't the type of band I typically push but I really enjoyed their music. Fully rock. But on the pop side of things. Very enjoyable all around.


Links:


--> Slaves to Gravity is a four man band from Atlanta, Georgia that definitely has something going on. If you like Circa Survive or new Thrice of Muse I think you'll love these guys who have a progressive Rock-ish feel to them.

Links:

--> Inberst is a 5 member rock n' roll band out of Oceanside, CA. They take influence from all of the greats like The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Aerosmith, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Guns N Roses, Kasabian and MANY others. Their live show is familiar to all of these bands, while including their own jam oriented style. "We have no desire to re-create any of our favorite bands music. We are trying to put our stamp on the music that drove us to play. True music comes naturally, and that is our focus."
Yeah... I just stole that off their myspace. I'm getting lazy. They definitely have a great rock sound mixed with this sort of indie feel that I like.


Links:




Ok people. I must be off for now. I only got through about half the bands... I promise it won't take so long for me to post again. I've just kinda been the suck lately. Have yourself a wonderful Sunday.

No comments: